- English - definition of English by The Free Dictionary
Define English English synonyms, English pronunciation, English translation, English dictionary definition of English adj 1 Of, relating to, or characteristic of England or its people or culture 2 Of or relating to the English language n 1 The people of England
- Sanctimonious definition and meaning | Collins English . . .
Definition of sanctimonious from the Collins English Dictionary Subordination When two or more clauses are joined by a conjunction other than and, but, or, or yet, one of the clauses is the main clause; the other clauses are subordinate clauses
- SENTENTIOUS | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
These examples of sententious are from the Cambridge English Corpus and from sources on the web These examples are from the Cambridge English Corpus and from sources on the web Any opinions in the examples do not represent the opinion of the Cambridge Dictionary editors or of Cambridge University Press or its licensors
- English | Define English at Dictionary. com
the Germanic language of the British Isles, widespread and standard also in the U S and most of the British Commonwealth, historically termed Old English (c450–c1150), Middle English (c1150–c1475), and Modern English (after c1475)
- Cambridge English Dictionary: Meanings Definitions
Meanings definitions of words in English with examples, synonyms, pronunciations and translations simple definitions from the British, American, and Business dictionaries with just one search! Hear the words spoken in British and American English Cambridge Business English Dictionary Buy the book! My Dictionary
- dictionary,english dictionary,english definition,english . . .
The World's most comprehensive free online dictionary, thesaurus, and encyclopedia with synonyms, definitions, idioms, abbreviations, and medical, financial, legal specialized dictionaries Home | Turnitin
- dictionary | Definition of dictionary in English by Oxford . . .
Definition of dictionary - a book or electronic resource that lists the words of a language (typically in alphabetical order) and gives their meaning, or giv Definition of dictionary in English: dictionary noun 1 A book or electronic resource that lists the words of a language (typically in alphabetical order) ‘Often he would search
- Sanctimoniousness | Definition of Sanctimoniousness by . . .
There's nothing sacred about "sanctimonious"-at least not any more But in the early 1600s, the English adjective was still sometimes used to describe someone truly holy or pious (a sense that recalls the meaning of the word's Latin parent, sanctimonia)
- What does lookup mean? definition and meaning (Free . . .
• LOOKUP (noun) The noun LOOKUP has 1 sense: 1 an operation that determines whether one or more of a set of items has a specified property Familiarity information: LOOKUP used as a noun is very rare
- Lookup | Definition of Lookup by Merriam-Webster
Definition of lookup : an act, process, or instance of looking something up (as in a reference work or listing) dictionary lookups a price look-up