modified : [m'ɑdəf,
. & p
. & vb
; modus limit
.) to make
. To change somewhat the form or qualities of
; to change a part of something while leaving most parts unchanged
; to alter somewhat
, to modify a contrivance adapted to some mechanical purpose
; to modify the terms of a contract
. To limit or reduce in extent or degree
; to moderate
; to qualify
; to lower
] Of his grace He modifies his first severe decree
modified adj 1
: changed in form or character
; "their modified stand made the issue more acceptable
"; "the performance of the modified aircraft was much improved
36 Moby Thesaurus words for
, hedged about
install english dictionary definition & meaning lookup widget!
english dictionary definition meaning工具:
english dictionary meaning information:
- Dictionary. com - Free Online English Dictionary
Recents and Favorites Create a free Dictionary com account and keep track of your favorite words and search history Sign up now!
- WordReference. com - English to French, Italian, German . . .
Language Forums The WordReference language forum is the largest repository of knowledge and advice about the English language, as well as a number of other languages
- dictionary - definition of dictionary by The Free Dictionary
One knew the whole Latin dictionary and also three years' issue of the daily paper of the town off by heart, so that he could repeat it all backwards or forwards as
- Oxford English Dictionary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Oxford English Dictionary (OED), published by the Oxford University Press, is a descriptive dictionary of English As well as describing English usage in its many
- Longman English Dictionary Online
Longman English Dictionary is the leading dictionary for learners of English of all ages and levels who want to learn more about English: definition, idioms, examples
- Home page for British English Dictionary and Thesaurus . . .
Home page for British English Dictionary and Thesaurus Contents from Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary Thesaurus at Cambridge Dictionaries Online Publisher
- Cambridge Free English Dictionary and Thesaurus
The most popular online dictionary and thesaurus for learners of English
- Word Information - an English dictionary about English . . .
An English vocabulary dictionary with free searches of words from Latin and Greek sources
- Idioms and phrases - TheFreeDictionary. com
The largest dictionary of idioms and phrases currently in use in British, American and Australian English Over 12,000 phrases and expressions
- Macmillan Dictionary and Thesaurus: Free English . . .
The Free Online English Dictionary from Macmillan Publishers