based : [b'est]
. & p
. & vb
.] To put on a base or basis
; to lay the foundation of
; to found
, as an argument or conclusion
; -- used with on or upon
. & a
. Having a base
, or having as a base
, or protected by
.] "Based in lawny velvet
install english dictionary definition & meaning lookup widget!
english dictionary definition meaning工具:
english dictionary meaning information:
- Home page of Learners Dictionary Dictionary - Cambridge . . .
If you search for a word, then decide you want to see what another Cambridge dictionary says about it, you can use the ‘In other dictionaries’ section on the right
- WordReference. com Dictionary of English - English to French . . .
The English Dictionary WordReference is proud to offer the Collins Concise English Dictionary This prestigious dictionary offers more than 120,000 words and phrases
- WordReference. com - English to French, Italian, German . . .
Spanish Dictionaries There are two free Spanish-English dictionaries: our very own dictionary and one from Collins Each has its own strengths
- Longman English Dictionary Online
Longman English Dictionary is the leading dictionary for learners of English of all ages and levels who want to learn more about English: definition, idioms, examples
- Cambridge Free English Dictionary and Thesaurus
Cambridge Dictionaries Online - English dictionary, English-Spanish translation and British American English audio pronunciation from Cambridge University Press (US)
- dictionary - definition of dictionary by the Free Online . . .
dic·tion·ar·y (d k sh-n r) n pl dic·tion·ar·ies 1 A reference book containing an alphabetical list of words, with information given for each word, usually
- Oxford English Dictionary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Oxford English Dictionary (OED), published by the Oxford University Press, is by a considerable margin the largest dictionary of the English language Work began
- Idioms and phrases - The Free Dictionary
The largest dictionary of idioms and phrases currently in use in British, American and Australian English Over 12,000 phrases and expressions
- Word Information - an English dictionary about English . . .
Information about English words derived from Latin and Greek sources and English vocabulary words with etymologies plus explanations and quizzes
- Dictionary. com - Free Online English Dictionary
The world's most popular dictionary and thesaurus with definitions, synonyms, antonyms, idioms, word origins, quotes, audio pronunciations, example sentences and Word