based : [b'est]
. & p
. & vb
.] To put on a base or basis
; to lay the foundation of
; to found
, as an argument or conclusion
; -- used with on or upon
. & a
. Having a base
, or having as a base
, or protected by
.] "Based in lawny velvet
install english dictionary definition & meaning lookup widget!
english dictionary definition meaning工具:
english dictionary meaning information:
- WordReference. com Dictionary of English
WordReference English dictionary Questions, discussion and forums All Free
- dictionary - definition of dictionary by the Free Online . . .
One knew the whole Latin dictionary and also three years' issue of the daily paper of the town off by heart, so that he could repeat it all backwards or forwards as
- Longman English Dictionary Online
Longman English Dictionary is the leading dictionary for learners of English of all ages and levels who want to learn more about English: definition, idioms, examples
- Cambridge Free English Dictionary and Thesaurus
Free online dictionary from Cambridge University Press
- Idioms and phrases - The Free Dictionary
The largest dictionary of idioms and phrases currently in use in British, American and Australian English Over 12,000 phrases and expressions
- Home page for British English Dictionary and Thesaurus . . .
Home page for British English Dictionary and Thesaurus Contents from Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary Thesaurus at Cambridge Dictionaries Online Publisher
- Dictionary. com - Free Online English Dictionary
Recents and Favorites Create a free Dictionary com account and keep track of your favorite words and search history Sign up now!
- Word Information - an English dictionary about English . . .
An English vocabulary dictionary with free searches of words from Latin and Greek sources
- Is Ironic the Most Abused Word in English? | Dictionary . . .
“That is sooooo ironic ” This sentence is used frequently — and usually incorrectly — in American English Often the word “ironic” is misused to remark on
- Oxford English Dictionary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Oxford English Dictionary (OED), published by the Oxford University Press, is the largest dictionary of English Work began on the dictionary in 1857 :103–4,112