based : [b'est]
. & p
. & vb
.] To put on a base or basis
; to lay the foundation of
; to found
, as an argument or conclusion
; -- used with on or upon
. & a
. Having a base
, or having as a base
, or protected by
.] "Based in lawny velvet
install english dictionary definition & meaning lookup widget!
english dictionary definition meaning工具:
english dictionary meaning information:
- Cambridge English Dictionary: Meanings Definitions
The most popular dictionary and thesaurus Meanings definitions of words in English with examples, synonyms, pronunciations and translations
- Cambridge Dictionary | English Dictionary, Translations . . .
The most popular dictionary and thesaurus for learners of English Meanings and definitions of words with pronunciations and translations
- Home : Oxford English Dictionary
The OED is the definitive record of the English language, featuring 600,000 words, 3 million quotations, and over 1,000 years of English
- English to French, Italian, German Spanish Dictionary . . .
Free online dictionaries - Spanish, French, Italian, German and more Conjugations, audio pronunciations and forums for your questions
- English French dictionary | translation English . . . - Reverso
Reverso English- French dictionary: discover hundreds of thousands of words and phrases translated from English to French, idiomatic expressions, slang, specialized vocabulary
- Dictionary - definition of dictionary by The Free Dictionary
3 A reference work containing an alphabetical list of words in a particular category or subject with specialized information about them: a medical dictionary
- Dictionary. com | Meanings and Definitions of Words at . . .
Dictionary com is the world’s leading online source for English definitions, synonyms, word origins and etymologies, audio pronunciations, example sentences, slang phrases, idioms, word games, legal and medical terms, Word of the Day and more
- Martindales Language Center - English Old English . . .
ENGLISH LANGUAGE Writing Grammar Courses Lessons, Writing Guides, Writing for Newspapers Magazines, Writing Resumes, Business, Technical Professional Writing,
- Economics - definition of economics by The Free Dictionary
2 (used with a sing or pl verb) Economic matters, especially relevant financial considerations: "Economics are slowly killing the family farm" (Christian Science Monitor)
- Dictionary by Merriam-Webster: Americas most-trusted . . .
The dictionary by Merriam-Webster is America's most trusted online dictionary for English word definitions, meanings, and pronunciation #wordsmatter