- Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus - The Free Dictionary
The World's most comprehensive free online dictionary, thesaurus, and encyclopedia with synonyms, definitions, idioms, abbreviations, and medical, financial, legal specialized dictionaries
- Cambridge Dictionary | English Dictionary, Translations . . .
The most popular dictionary and thesaurus for learners of English Meanings and definitions of words with pronunciations and translations
- Dictionary by Merriam-Webster: Americas most-trusted . . .
The dictionary by Merriam-Webster is America's most trusted online dictionary for English word definitions, meanings, and pronunciation #wordsmatter
- Home : Oxford English Dictionary
The OED is the definitive record of the English language, featuring 600,000 words, 3 million quotations, and over 1,000 years of English
- Dictionary. com | Meanings and Definitions of Words at . . .
About Dictionary com Dictionary com is the world’s leading online source for English definitions, synonyms, word origins, audio pronunciations, example sentences, slang phrases, idioms, word games, legal and medical terms, Word of the Day and more
- Learning English - Discuss Vote - Dictionaries in the . . .
Chris, France A bilingual dictionary is necessary due to the level of the students at the beginning An english-english one is only used with advanced learners
- Looms | Define Looms at Dictionary. com
verb (used without object) to appear indistinctly; come into view in indistinct and enlarged form: The mountainous island loomed on the horizon to rise before the vision with an appearance of great or portentous size: Suddenly a police officer loomed in front of him to assume form as an impending event: A battle looms at the convention
- Definition of RAJ - Dictionary by Merriam-Webster: America . . .
Did You Know? When British trading posts were established in the Indian subcontinent in the 17th century, English speakers were immersed in the rich languages of the region, and Europeans quickly began adopting local words into their own vocabularies
- French to English Dictionary (Collins Digital Dictionaries . . .
The Collins French-English Dictionary for Kindle gives you access to a truly unique French English language resource with over 90,000 translations
- Criminology legal definition of criminology - Legal Dictionary
Criminology The scientific study of the causation, correction, and prevention of crime As a subdivision of the larger field of sociology, criminology draws on psychology, economics, anthropology, psychiatry, biology, statistics, and other disciplines to explain the causes and prevention of criminal behavior